2024 Appalachian Gas Measurement Short Course (AGMSC)
August 5, 2024 @ 8:00 am - August 8, 2025 @ 5:00 pm
Visit Mustang Sampling booth, The Mustang Mobile Training Lab outside and Valtronics booth at the 2024 AGMSC at Robert Morris University (RMU) in Moon Township, PA.
The Appalachian Gas Measurement Short Course was first held in 1938 at West Virginia University. No classes were held from 1942–44 during WWII. The school moved to Robert Morris University in 1976 and is now held annually so people in the industry and government can meet and learn about the field of gas measurement, pressure regulation and odorization. The school seeks to promote increased accuracy of gas measurement and pressure regulation with the aim to further and improve safety, efficiency and appropriate economics so the public will be better served.
A full schedule of over 90 lecture classes is offered in the following 13 sections:
• Fundamentals of Measurement and Regulation • Production and Storage
• Basics of Measurement and Pressure Control • Gas Quality
• Advanced Metering Low Volume • Communications and Scada
• Advanced Metering High Volume • Odorization
• Pressure Control • Current Industry Topics
• Instrumentation and Automation • NGL’s—Wet Gas
• General Topics
Workshops will be presented in 22 sections. Class size is limited but additional students may be permitted to attend as observers. Manufacturers, manufacturer’s representatives or employees shall not attend hands-on presentations conducted by competitive manufacturers.