JOB TITLE: INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN
Under general supervision, perform highly skilled work in the installation, maintenance and repair of electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and other metering and instrumentation devices and equipment; and perform related work as required.
Performs any combination of (but not limited to) the following duties according to specific department guidelines:
- Determine the existence of electrical hazards and problems. Safely isolate, ground and prepare circuits and electrical apparatus to enable installation or repairs.
- Have knowledge of and use the required personal protective equipment.
- Install electrical conduit, pull and terminate wiring.
- Ability to use test and calibration equipment.
- Ability to use mathematics and algebra to scale and calibrate process instrumentation.
Use knowledge of analog and digital circuitry to troubleshoot instrumentation to the component level and effect repairs to microprocessor-based instruments, computer hardware, wiring, and annunciator systems.
- Read/interpret engineering drawings and manuals to install, calibrate, and maintain instrumentation systems.
- Work from complex engineering and manufacturers drawings or manuals to complete projects and assigned work.
- Use hand and power tools related to the instrumentation trades.
- Install and maintain programmable logic control systems (PLC). Interpret and/or modify PLC control logic as necessary. Install and calibrate pressure, temperature, flow, and level controls.
- Design layout work on panels, set up complex control systems, interpret and alter engineering drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Effectively communicate problems and solutions to resolve electrical problems.
- Observe installed systems to detect hazards and determine the need for adjustments or modifications.
- Maintain records, update drawings, and develop safety procedures. Observe safe work practices to ensure that work does not endanger others. *Perform other related work as required.
- Graduation from high school, or general education diploma or trade school.
- Successful completion of Instrumentation Technician training program or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Relevance of experience will be determined based on similar equipment, procedures, and job functions. Additional related education maybe substituted for work experience.
Company: Valtronics Solutions
Location: Ravenswood, West Virginia
Hours: Monday thru Friday 8 am – 5 pm. Some mandatory overtime to meet customer demands.
Experience: Basic electrical knowledge and experience
Education: Trade school or Associate’s Degree in a related field